KINSTON, Lenoir County -
After a year of delays the Queen Street project in Kinston is finally close to finishing. On Thursday evening crews finished up paving the road. Now all four lanes are open.
The bridge partially opened in October of 2016 when the first two lanes opened.
The final finishing touches on the project are expected to be complete in a few weeks according to a N.C Department of Transportation engineer.
The bridge closed back in August of 2015 and was slated to reopen by June of 2016 but multiple delays including winter weather stalled the project.
- Updated Pentagon sends ISIS options to White House
- Updated South Korea's THAAD missile defense system gets land swap approval
- Updated Warren Buffett: Red-hot market not in a bubble, still looks 'cheap'
- Updated Transgender boy wins girls' wrestling championship in Texas
- Updated Academy Awards kills off wrong person