GREENVILLE, Pitt County - While many enjoyed the Garden Bros. Circus Thursday at East Carolina University, a small group stayed outdoors to protest it.
Marion Blackburn was among those who protested the circus. She contacted the university to ask them to cancel the two shows that were hosted Thursday. When that request was denied, she and a few others organized a protest. The group disagrees with how animals are used in the show.
"These aren't happy animals, these are animals who are in fear and in confinement, who live on tracker trailers for their entire lives," Blackburn said.
- Updated 'Total Loss': House fire in Tyrrell County destroys structure
- Five members of marijuana and money laundering organization sent to prison
- Goldsboro police arrest two in connection with shots fired incident
- Wayne County natives arrested after drugs found inside home
- Pirate Fans Hope for More Wins to Help Local Businesses