GREENVILLE, Pitt County - The Pitt County School Board agreed Monday night to change the county-wide school uniforms policy. They did not, however, agree to throw the policy out.
Parents recently voiced their concerns about the policy and that resulted in a series of public forums. The board put the issue to vote and, as a result, revisions are on the way.
One of those changes is school officials can no longer use money as an incentive to break the school uniform policy, such as asking kids to bring a dollar to wear jeans on Fridays.
- Sneads Ferry residents answer call to help for Christmas
- Updated Greenville, J.H. Rose legend honored for attending record number of basketball games
- Members of ECU basketball team visit Vidant children's hospital
- Local father charged with death of 9-month old daughter
- Seven more arrested in connection to 2016 Kinston murder investigation