AYDEN, Pitt County - Officers assisting probation and parole officers doing a home check arrested two individuals in Ayden on Thursday on drug and weapons charges.
Pitt County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to assist on a home visit at 11:30 p.m. on Thursday, in the 3900 block of Stokestown Road in Ayden, after marijuana could be smelled from outside the home. After securing a search warrant, officers entered the home, finding drugs and weapons.
Kenneth Parker, 37, of Ayden, was charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a weapon of mass destruction, maintaining a dwelling for drugs, possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was booked into the Pitt County Detention Center on a $200,000 secured bond.
Also arrested was Ravonda Green, 40, also of the same residence in Ayden, who was charged with all of the same charges minus the possession of a firearm by a felon. She was booked into the PCDC on a $60,000 secured bond.
- Law enforcement making sure people are buckled up during holiday travel
- Thanksgiving holiday set to be busiest travel week in decade
- Local donation drive aims to help veterans in need as winter approaches
- Local fire destroys Carteret family home
- State House Rep. Susan Martin says she won't seek re-election