GREENVILLE, Pitt County - The suspect wanted in the "Offer Up" robbery has turned himself in, according to Greenville Police.
Eric Hopkins Jr. turned himself into the Pitt County Detention Center on Monday. He was charged and has a $50,000 secured bond.
Hopkins' arrest stems from a situation where Hopkins and another man agreed to meet through the mobile sales app "Offer Up." Police then said Hopkins robbed the man at gunpoint of his wallet, phone and car keys.
Police said there are three safe meet-up spots for in-person transactions: at the department's East (3195 E. 10th Street, Suite A), West (1024 W. 5th Street), and South-Zone (728 SW Greenville Boulevard) substations. Those stations have lobbies open for online barters and exchanges during normal business hours and the facilities are under 24-hour video surveillance.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- New Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures