GREENVILLE, Pitt County - A Pitt County man has been indicted by a Pitt County grand jury for human trafficking and prostitution.
The Daily Reflector reports Craig Dwayne Edwards, 47, was indicted on four counts of human trafficking adult victims, second degree kidnapping, two counts of second degree rape and multiple counts of promoting prostitution. The paper also reports Deputy Justin D. Jones of the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office had probable cause to believe that Edwards recruited, enticed, harbored, transported and maintained another human being with the intent that the other person be held in sexual servitude.
The Reflector also reports Jones interviewed a woman who went by the name "Danielle" and that Edwards used pictures of her with the face cut out on ads on Backpage.com. She would then have to go see the men who responded.
Deputies interviewed another woman who said Edwards sold heroin and once he ran out, forced her into prostitution. She told the investigators that she had no choice but to go see the clients.
Edwards is being held under a $750,0000 bond at the Pitt County Detention Center. His court date for his drug charges is scheduled for Aug. 9.
- Tips to keep in mind to keep children warm from cold temps
- Keep your outside pets safe from the cold weather this season
- Community Crossroads Center ready for help homeless through cold weather
- Military wife creatively includes deployed husband in Christmas card
- Vivian Howard's new restaurant opens in Wilmington