AYDEN, Pitt County - The two-day "Kings of Q" barbecue festival kicks off Friday evening in Ayden.
The judging starts at noon on Saturday in the Kansas City Barbeque Society-sanctioned event. There is $10,000 in prize money up for grabs.
Four different categories are up for judging: chicken, pork ribs, pork and beef brisket.
The event starts Friday at 4 p.m., with rides and vendors open to the public. Jupiter Jones and Kasey Tyndall are providing the headlining acts on Friday and Saturday, respectively, at 7 p.m. each night on the West Avenue Stage.
Attendees will have 37 different competitors' meats to try out this year, with each vying for the top overall prize.
More details on the event are online at AydenBBQ.com.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Freemont woman charged after breaking & entering incident