GREENVILLE, Pitt County - The Humane Society of East Carolina in Greenville reopened on Friday after being scrubbed clean following a parvo scare that closed the facility for several days.
The terrier-mix "Bear" was given a clean bill of health, having officially beat parvo.
Parvo is an extremely contagious and sometimes deadly canine virus. No other animals tested positive for the disease or have shown concerning symptoms.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend