GREENVILLE, Pitt County - Greenville Police have arrested a 19-year-old in connection with an Oct. 29 shooting that left one person injured.
Akyree Collins-Smith was arrested Monday night, according to GPD spokesperson Kristen Hunter. He is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and discharging a weapon into occupied property. He is being held in the Pitt County Detention Center on a $500,000 bond.
The charges stem from an early morning shooting on Sunday, Oct. 29. Hunter said officers responded to the intersection of Evans Street and Greenville Boulevard, finding four individuals in a silver Toyota Camry who said they had been shot at following a verbal altercation.
The driver of the Camry, 20-year-old Navarro Brown, of Williamston, was hit twice. He was taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville where he was treated and released. None of the other occupants in the car were injured.
- Updated 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school