GREENVILLE, Pitt County - A car crashed into a Greenville AutoZone store early Wednesday, according to an official with the Greenville Police Department.
The emergency call came in at about 2:20 a.m. according to an official with the Greenville Police Department, who said the incident happened at the AutoZone location on Greenville Boulevard.
Greenville Police charged Elizabeth Speight Pugh, 52, will driving with a revoked license. Police said a preliminary report indicated Pugh lost control of the car with her passenger, James Bailey, 49, grabbed the steering wheel.
Bailey was treated at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville and later released. Damage to the car was estimated at $6,000. There was no update on the cost of the damage to the AutoZone building.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures
- Man wanted in shooting in Pink Hill turns himself in