GREENVILLE, Pitt County - A rollover crash involving two vehicles killed a Bertie County woman Monday in Greenville.
Greenville Police report the accident happened at Memorial Drive and Thomas Langston Road Monday afternoon. A white Dodge minivan, traveling south on Memorial Drive, failed to stop for a red light and collided with a Honda Accord that was traveling west on Regency Boulevard.
The van, driven by Carolyn Taylor Brown, 73, of Colerain, rolled over in the accident. Brown died from the wreck and Brown's sister, Danise Taylor Harrell, 78, of Colerain, was transported to Vidant Medical Center, where she is recovering. The driver of the Honda, Develon Ray Jacobs, 50, of Winterville, was not injured in the incident.
Traffic was shut down at the intersection of Memorial Drive and Thomas Langston Road for approximately three hours as a result of the traffic collision.
- USO of Jacksonville gets enough donations just in time for Thanksgiving
- Beaulaville family struggles with company about fixing heating system
- Girl Scouts say don't make your daughter hug people this holiday
- Havelock's Boys & Girls Club getting holiday makeover
- 'Be a Santa to a Senior' program brings cheer to New Bern seniors