One man is under arrest and the investigation continues into a violent home invasion that occurred Tuesday in Grimesland.
The Pitt County Sheriff's Office said deputies responded to a call in the 600 block of Frank Evans Lane in Grimesland on Tuesday, after it was reported that three men wearing masks armed with baseball bats and a rifle attacked a resident sitting on a front porch.
According to PCSO, the suspects beat the victim and demanded money, entering the home and taking $1,000.
The victim was treated at the scene by paramedics but refused to be taken to a hospital for further treatment.
PCSO announced Wednesday it arrested Marvin Ramirez, 27, of Greenville, charging him with armed robbery, assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, 2nd degree burglary and 1st degree kidnapping. He also had a warrant for his arrest for failure to appear for outstanding possession of drug paraphernalia and traffic offenses.
He was booked into the Pitt County Detention Center on a $479,000 secured bond. PCSO says more arrests are expected in the case.
- Rare stem cell procedure performed to help local dog with kidney disease
- New Bern Board of Aldermen release new master parking plan
- Restaurants open on Thanksgiving
- Two Onslow County organizations partner to provide Thanksgiving meals
- USO of Jacksonville needs your help to feed service members this Thanksgiving