GREENVILLE, Pitt County - A Pitt County Deputy and his wife were hurt in a motorcycle crash over the Memorial Day holiday weekend, according to Pitt County Sheriff Neil Elks.
The Pitt County Sheriff's Office posted the following:
"Sheriff Elks just spoke with Deputy Brian Cox. His spirits are high as is his pain. More surgeries will be needed for he and his wife. When Brian was asked how we or his community could assist him he responded, "Just ask everyone to pray and keep us in their thoughts." Join our office in praying for them each time the Lord brings them to your thoughts."
The following message was posted to the Sheriff's Office Facebook page and quotes Sheriff Elks:
"One of our own, Deputy Brian Cox and his wife have been involved in a horrible motorcycle accident. Please keep him, his wife, and his family in prayer. We will attempt to keep you updated as we recognize our deputies are your deputies and when we hurt you hurt."
There were no further crash details released. NewsChannel 12 is looking into the case.
- USO of Onslow County keeps tradition going with Thanksgiving meal
- Fairfield Harbour continues tradition of feeding Marines at Camp Lejeune
- Peaden's Grill helps make Thanksgiving special at one area community center
- Shoppers busy as Black Friday now in full effect
- New Bern woman shares story to remind people to pay attention while shopping