REELSBORO, Pamlico County - Tara Christina Long of Reelsboro was arrested on Friday on drug and child abuse charges.
Investigators with the Pamlico County Sheriff's Office executed a search warrant at 817 Chair Road in Reelsboro on Friday. Over the past several weeks, Investigators conducted controlled purchases of heroin from the house on multiple occasions.
Investigators said they also witnessed several drug transactions occur on the property. During most of these transactions, children were in the yard or in the residence at the time drugs were sold. This investigation sparked from complaints from citizens in the area stating there was high volume, short duration traffic coming from the residence.
In September of 2016, Investigators executed a search warrant at the same residence, where the Long was arrested and released on bond. Long still has those criminal charges pending.
Long is now charged with possession of Heroin, possession of prescription medication with intent to sell, maintaining a dwelling for the use of controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana paraphernalia and misdemeanor child abuse (child is in care of family)
Long is being held on a $100,000.00 secured bond.
- ECU student killed in Charlotte car crash
- Two students chosen to have their artwork on school Christmas card
- Greenville man facing numerous drug trafficking charges makes first appearance
- New Medical examiner: Teen found dead in Falls Lake drowned, had drugs in system
- Community continues to mourn loss of Mariah Woods through vigil