BAYBORO, Pamlico County - Deputies from the Pamlico County Sheriff's Office rescued two people and an animal during a house fire that happened just after noon in Bayboro.
Officials said they got a call about the fire at 12:01 p.m. Wednesday and headed to 393 Cowell Loop Rd. A dispatcher learned two people were in the house along with some animals. Several fire departments, Pamlico Rescue and other deputies were called in to assist.
Deputies noticed smoke exiting the house when they arrived. They quickly entered the house, found the female and assisted her out the front door. The female said her husband was in the back bedroom. The deputies then crawled through the house to the room where they found the husband on the floor, overtaken by smoke.
The deputies grabbed the husband and exited the house. One of the animals was rescued but two others died in the fire.
Pamlico Rescue arrived and treated both the male and female. Fire officials put out the fire, which is currently under investigation by the sheriff's office and the Pamlico County Fire Marshals Office.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures