ORIENTAL, Pamlico County - The Pamlico County Sheriff’s Office announced the arrest of the Oriental police chief on charges of assaulting a female.
Dwaine Moore of Oriental was arrested and charged with assault on a female. He was placed in the Pamlico County Jail on no bond for 48 hours. He had a court date last Friday and was released on a $5,000 unsecured bond.
He is currently suspended from his job. Town manager Diane Miller told The Associated Press Moore became police chief in July 2014 and has been with the police force sine 2011.
Pamlico County Communications received a 911 call on March 23 at 11:50 p.m. A female was requesting help and crying. When officials tried to get more information, the call was disconnected.
Telecommunicators determined where the call came from and deputies were sent to 403 Freemason St. in Oriental, where the victim was located. Moore was arrested a short time later.
- USO of Onslow County keeps tradition going with Thanksgiving meal
- Fairfield Harbour continues tradition of feeding Marines at Camp Lejeune
- Peaden's Grill helps make Thanksgiving special at one area community center
- Shoppers busy as Black Friday now in full effect
- New Bern woman shares story to remind people to pay attention while shopping