A man accused of stealing and then selling a tractor has been arrested, authorities say.
New Bern resident Johnny Harris Jr., 39, has been charged with one county of larceny and one count of obtaining property by false pretense. He was booked into the Pamlico County Detention Center on a $5,000 secured bond.
The Pamlico County Sheriff's Office said Harris stole a tractor from Main Street in the town of Alliance. That same tractor was later sold in Wayne County, which is where authorities recovered it.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Freemont woman charged after breaking & entering incident