RICHLANDS, Onslow County - A Richlands woman has been arrested for stealing mail from a mailbox and cashing another person's check.
On May 4, Onslow County Sheriff's Office deputies took a report from a citizen that mail had been stolen from their mailbox. The mail included a check, which was cashed by someone other than the victim.
An investigation revealed that Jessica Newton fraudulently endorsed the check and deposited it into a bank account.
Newton, age 32 of Fowler Manning Road in Richlands, was arrested Monday and charged with larceny of choice in action-bank note/check/other, forgery of endorsement and obtain property by false pretense.
She was transported to the Onslow County Sheriff's Office under a $25,000 unsecured bond.
- Rare stem cell procedure performed to help local dog with kidney disease
- USO of Jacksonville needs your help to feed service members this Thanksgiving
- Local candidate might win election by a single vote
- Cops and Barbers program aims to put more turkeys on tables for those in need
- Greenville Police officer arrested, charged with misdemeanor larceny