JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - Late Wednesday we retrieved a photo of a murder victim in Onslow County.
In the photo above, 33-year-old Joshua Lindauer is pictured. Onslow County Deputies say Lindauer was shot Monday. They confirmed he died in a hospital overnight Tuesday.
The suspected killer is Shawn Sturdivant. He was scheduled to make his first appearance for a murder charge Thursday morning.
The suspect in the shooting that killed a man in Onslow County on Monday has now been charged with one count of murder.
NewsChannel 12's Jessica Albert reports Shawn Sturdivant was charged with an open count of murder in the death of Joshua Lindauer. He is currently being held in jail without bond. Sturdivant's first court appearance on the new charge is Thursday.
An autopsy on Lindauer was scheduled to be performed Wednesday.
Onslow County Sheriff's Office deputies said Lindauer was shot Monday at around 4 p.m. during an argument. He was transported to New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington with life-threatening injuries.
Sturdivant was arrested by deputies and went before a judge Wednesday morning where he was then being charged with assault with a deadly weapon, possession of a deadly firearm, drug paraphernalia and marijuana. His bond was set at $750,000 before the murder charge and no bond was levied Wednesday afternoon.
- Rare stem cell procedure performed to help local dog with kidney disease
- USO of Jacksonville needs your help to feed service members this Thanksgiving
- Local candidate might win election by a single vote
- Cops and Barbers program aims to put more turkeys on tables for those in need
- Greenville Police officer arrested, charged with misdemeanor larceny