Onslow

Three people displaced by electrical outlet fire

VIDEO: Three people displaced by...

NORTH TOPSAIL BEACH, Onslow County - An early morning fire on Tuesday damaged three apartments at the north end of Topsail Reef's building 7 and took firefighters 30 minutes to put out.

No injuries were reported as a result of the blaze, which caused heavy loss for one of the units and substantial heat damage to another. The third sustained mostly water damage. There are 30 units in the building.

The fire, which began just after 6 a.m. on Tuesday, was the result of an electrical outlet failure, investigators say.

Three people were displaced by the fire and are receiving assistance from the local Red Cross chapter.

 

 


Most Popular