JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - One lane is open in a part of US 17 in Jacksonville to repair a drainage pipe.
The one-lane closure began Monday and runs daily from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. through July 16 on US 17 south of High Hill Road. The NC Department of Transportation contractor will be completing the repair of a drainage pipe under the road.
Transportation officials urge motorists to slow down and use caution while traveling through the work zone.
“This repair will improve drainage on this section of U.S. 17,” said Jacksonville Resident Engineer Trevor Carroll. “This work will also extend the life of the pipe.”
For real-time travel information, visit DriveNC.gov or follow NCDOT on Twitter.
- Organization pays holiday travel expenses for Purple Heart recipients
- Greenville Police distribute 100 meals to needy families in area
- Rape suspect arrested after two months on the run
- Missing dog creates quite the scramble in Carteret County
- 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest