JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - Two Onslow County sisters were arrested and are facing numerous identity theft and fraud charges.
The investigation stems from an incident on June 3 where Onslow County Sheriff's Office deputies took a report of an ID theft and fraud. The victim reported his debit card had numerous charges on it he did not make. An investigation revealed that sisters Julie Elizabeth Rankin and Autumn Patricia Rankin put the charges on the card without the owner's permission.
Rankin, 31 of Catherine Lake Road in Richlands, turned herself in Wednesday. Rankin, 34, also of Catherine Lake Road, was later arrested. Both were taken before the magistrate and charged with:
-- 16 Counts Identity Theft
-- 16 Counts Obtain Property by False Pretense
-- 16 Counts Felony Conspiracy
Both were transported to the Onslow County Detention Center under a $48,000 secured bond each.
Anyone with information about this incident may contact Onslow County Sheriff's Office at (910) 455-3113, Det. Michael Curlee at Michael_curlee@onslowcountync.gov, or Crime Stoppers at (910) 938-3273. Please refer to case 2017-009522 when calling.
- USO of Jacksonville gets enough donations just in time for Thanksgiving
- Beaulaville family struggles with company about fixing heating system
- Girl Scouts say don't make your daughter hug people this holiday
- Havelock's Boys & Girls Club getting holiday makeover
- 'Be a Santa to a Senior' program brings cheer to New Bern seniors