NORTH TOPSAIL BEACH, Onslow County - A lawsuit filed in 2015 may finally have a resolution in North Topsail Beach.
The town has a tentative agreement to the lawsuit, it was announced Friday. It involves 26 plaintiffs who filed a complaint against the town, an engineering firm, a contractor and subcontractor over the town's shoreline restoration projects at the town's north end.
The plaintiffs wil collectively pay $450,000 dollars toward a sand bag enhancement project. The town will also add another $200,000 of its pre-existing funds to the project.
- USO of Onslow County keeps tradition going with Thanksgiving meal
- Fairfield Harbour continues tradition of feeding Marines at Camp Lejeune
- Peaden's Grill helps make Thanksgiving special at one area community center
- Shoppers busy as Black Friday now in full effect
- New Bern woman shares story to remind people to pay attention while shopping