JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - Arrest warrants filed in Onslow County detail the charges filed against Earl Kimrey in the death of 3-year-old Mariah Woods. Kimrey is the live-in boyfriend of Woods mother Kristy.
One warrant charges with obstruction of justice and concealing the girl's death. The warrant states Kimrey failed to notify authorities of Mariah's death and secretly disposed of her body knowing she did not die of natural causes.
The second warrant charges Kimrey with larceny, breaking and entering and possession of stolen goods. The warrant accuses him of breaking into a home on High Hill Road in Jacksonville sometime after 11 p.m. on Sunday and 3:30 a.m. on Monday and taking two dressers.
FBI spokesperson Shelley Lynch said Saturday morning authorities are searching a site in Pender County in addition to multiple sites in Onslow County on what is now being classified as a recovery effort for the remains of Mariah Woods.
- Organization pays holiday travel expenses for Purple Heart recipients
- Greenville Police distribute 100 meals to needy families in area
- Rape suspect arrested after two months on the run
- Missing dog creates quite the scramble in Carteret County
- 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest