JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - A natural gas leak in Jacksonville that closed the intersection of Gateway North and Western Boulevard for more than 12 hours from Wednesday into Thursday has been fixed, authorities said.
Piedmont Natural Gas was on the scene as of 4 p.m. on Wednesday, working to repair the leak. Jacksonville Police said the intersection was closed through the night and reopened during rush hour on Thursday morning.
JPD said there was no danger to the public as a result of the leak.
- Law enforcement making sure people are buckled up during holiday travel
- Thanksgiving holiday set to be busiest travel week in decade
- Local donation drive aims to help veterans in need as winter approaches
- Local fire destroys Carteret family home
- State House Rep. Susan Martin says she won't seek re-election