HUBERT, Onslow County - A silver alert for Richard Watson has been canceled by the Franklin County Sheriff's office.
No further details were available.
The North Carolina Center for Missing Persons has issued a Silver Alert for a missing endangered man -- and he was most recently seen in the local area.
Citizens should be on the lookout for Richard Watson, an 80-year-old man who is believed to be suffering from dementia or some other cognitive impairment.
The Sheriff's Office said Watson was spotted around 1 a.m. on Friday, November 10, at the Scotchman Store on Highway 24 in Hubert.
Officials have still not found him as of 2:01 p.m. this afternoon.
Watson was last seen wearing a dark colored jacket, brown shirt, blue jeans and red and white sneakers. He is from Louisburg, North Carolina.
He could possibly be driving a 2011 Ford Taurus with North Carolina license plate number AJR-2739.
Anyone with information about Watson should call Detective D. Woody at the Franklin County Sheriff's Office at 919-496-2511.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- New Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures
- The Geminid meteor shower is upon us and might be one of the best ever