JACKSONVILLE, Onlsow County - A Jacksonville man is currently under arrest after he was accused of torturing a female dog.
35-year-old Kelvin Moore was arrested Tuesday, October 24, and booked into the Onslow County Jail on felony cruelty to animals charges, The Onslow County Animal Control director said.
Officials confirm that Moore, who also had outstanding domestic violence and child endangerment charges in Ohio, tied up and pulled a white Labrador retriever on a bike.
The dog was vomiting, unable to stand on its own and was bleeding from its paws. She was dehydrated, and had bumps, bruises and scrapes from being dragged.
Shelter director Howard Martin said the dog, despite the situation, is "thriving" following proper veterinary care. It will be placed into a foster home in the coming days.
Martin said Jacksonville Police made the arrest. They anticipate keeping the dog in foster care for awhile because it is now being considered evidence in the case against Moore.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures