JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - A Jacksonville man was arrested Friday and charged with indecent liberties with a child.
Richard Daniel Mercado, 58, of 204 Pineview Rd. in Jacksonville, was taken into custody without incident. He was placed in the Onslow County Jail on a $40,000 bond.
Police said the mother of the 3-year-old reported the incident on September 5, 2017. The investigation was conducted with the Child Advocacy Center and the Department of Health and Human Services over the last two weeks.
The investigation continues and additional information may be released at a later date.
- Tips to keep in mind to keep children warm from cold temps
- Keep your outside pets safe from the cold weather this season
- Community Crossroads Center ready for help homeless through cold weather
- Military wife creatively includes deployed husband in Christmas card
- Vivian Howard's new restaurant opens in Wilmington