JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - A 27-year-old man is under arrest, accused of tossing kittens from a moving car in Jacksonville.
Cesar Alvarez, 27, was arrested Friday by Jacksonville Police for throwing two kittens from a moving vehicle.
Onslow County Animal Services Director Howard Martin said one kitten was found dead and the other could not be located.
Martin said his department was called along with JPD by a witness who said they saw the kittens being tossed from the car.
Though cases like these are difficult, Martin said it's part of what his department does.
"This is what we do - it's what we're supposed to do every day," he said. "Kudos to the person who witnessed it and called it in."
Alvarez is due is Onslow County Superior Court on Sept. 18 on a felony charge of cruelty to animals after making his initial appearance on Monday. He was booked into Onslow County Jail on Friday on a $5,000 secured bond.
- Updated 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school