JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - A fire broke out at the Texas Roadhouse in Jacksonville Tuesday evening, causing the restaurant to be evacuated and then closed for the rest of the evening, authorities reported.
The fire was reporter at approximately 7:49 p.m. at the restaurant, located at Texas Roadhouse, 103 Moosehaven Road. Authorities say smoke and flames were seen coming from the roof when Jacksonville Fire and Emergency Services responded with eight units.
No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.
"The fire was determined to be caused by a grease fire that spread into the ventilation hood," JEFS Fire Chief Jerry Hardison said.
The restaurant will remain closed until it can be inspected by the Onslow County Health Department. Owners were hoping to have the restaurant opened Wednesday by 7 p.m. Damage is estimated to be approximately $25,000.
- Black Friday shoppers find crowds lighter than last year
- New Bern woman thankful for gift of kidney from husband
- Updated Neighbor pulls victim from house fire in New Bern
- Kinston Police announce arrest of third suspect in 2014 murder case
- Updated Beary Merry Christmas kicks off the holiday season in New Bern