JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - The father of the missing 3-year-old girl from Onslow County spoke with NewsChannel 12 reporters this morning.
Alex Woods is the biological father of Mariah Woods and her two brothers. He said that he found out his little girl was missing when the Amber Alert went out yesterday.
Woods told NewsChannel 12 reporters that he was given custody of the kids last year while CPS was investigating an incident involving their mother. He has not seen the children since, though he claims that was not of his choosing.
According to authorities, Mariah's mother reported her daughter missing Monday morning around 6 a.m. and she believes her child was abducted.
Woods, however, told NewsChannel 12 reporters that he is not convinced that is how things played out.
"Someone just walked right up in there, grabbed the 3-year-old out of the bed and she didn't cry, she didn't scream?" Woods said. "Nobody heard anything? Four people in the house, two adults and two kids someone just comes up and snatches the baby and walks out?"
Both Woods and his partner said they are hoping for the best, but right now they said something just doesn't feel right.
- 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school