RICHLANDS, Onslow County - UPDATE: The name of the victim in Wednesday's fatal crash in Richlands has been released. Twenty-year-old Autumn Sharp was named as the victim, while her two children, a 3-month-old baby and a 3-year-old, were taken to the hospital.
A GoFundMe page has been set up for Sharp's family. Click here to go to it and for more information.
A mother driving on Davis Road near the intersection of Nine Mile Road in Richlands was killed Wednesday morning when authorities said she overcorrected after driving off the road.
A preliminary investigation by the N.C. Highway Patrol said the can ran off a road west of Jacksonville, came back across the center line and rolled over. The mother, whose name has not yet been released, had multiple car seat-aged children with her. They were transported to Onslow Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The accident, in which the female driver was ejected from the vehicle, occurred shortly before noon.
- Rare stem cell procedure performed to help local dog with kidney disease
- Updated New Bern Board of Aldermen release new master parking plan
- USO of Jacksonville needs your help to feed service members this Thanksgiving
- New Two Onslow County organizations partner to provide Thanksgiving meals
- Local candidate might win election by a single vote