JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - The NC Department of Transportation will try again at paving a long overdue project in Jacksonville.
The intersection of Piney Green Road and Old 30 Road in Onslow County has been rescheduled for this weekend. It was originally scheduled for last weekend but was postponed due to rain. The intersection will be closed this Saturday at 6 a.m. through Sunday at 8 p.m. Traffic will be detoured to Piney Green Road, Rock Run Road and Old 30 Road.
The closure of the road is needed so the contractor of the project can put down the final layer of asphalt for the widening of Piney Green Road, which is being turned from two lanes to four. The conversion to four lanes is expected to be completed by the end of the summer.
- Law enforcement making sure people are buckled up during holiday travel
- Thanksgiving holiday set to be busiest travel week in decade
- Local donation drive aims to help veterans in need as winter approaches
- Local fire destroys Carteret family home
- State House Rep. Susan Martin says she won't seek re-election