WASHINGTON - Congressman Walter B. Jones was among several who led a moment of silence Tuesday for the 16 service members killed in the Mississippi plane crash on July 10.
Joining Jones were Congressmen Sean Patrick Maloney (NY), Congressman Steven Palazzo (Miss.) and other members in attendance. Jones and Maloney read the names of the names of those killed:
Staff Sergeant Robert Cox, Staff Sergeant William Kundrat, Sergeant Chad Jenson, Sergeant Talon Leach, Sergeant Joseph Murray, Sergeant Dietrich Schmieman, Petty Officer 2nd Class Ryan Lohrey, Major Caine Goyette, Captain Sean Elliott, Gunnery Sergeant Mark Hopkins, Gunnery Sergeant Brendan Johnson, Staff Sergeant Joshua Snowden, Sergeant Julian Kevianne, Sergeant Owen Lennon, Corporal Daniel Baldassare, and Corporal Collin Schaaff.
"My heart is heavy with the loss of these brave and courageous Marines and service members," Jones said in a press release. "We will never fully be able to thank them for their selfless service to this country. I will continue to hold the families and loved ones of these Marines and service members in my thoughts and prayers."
Click the video below to watch.
- USO of Onslow County keeps tradition going with Thanksgiving meal
- Fairfield Harbour continues tradition of feeding Marines at Camp Lejeune
- Peaden's Grill helps make Thanksgiving special at one area community center
- Shoppers busy as Black Friday now in full effect
- New Bern woman shares story to remind people to pay attention while shopping