CAMP LEJEUNE, Onslow County - Col. Daniel H. Wilson, 56, of Mason, Wash. assigned to the II Marine Expeditionary Force, was convicted and sentenced today at a General Court-Martial held aboard Marine Corps Base Lejeune, N.C.
Wilson was found guilty of: the sexual abuse of a child; six counts of conduct unbecoming of an officer and a gentlemen (at or near Darwin, Australia) and absence without leave.
Both the mother and father of the six year old girl that Wilson was found guilty of sexually abusing spoke today, claiming that the event has been "crippling" and that "it has changed their family forever".
Wilson also spoke telling members of the jury that he was profoundly sorry for his actions and was embarrassed to be there.
Wilson was found not guilty of: the rape of a child; assault consummated by battery upon a child under 16 years; three counts of conduct unbecoming of an officer and a gentlemen; sexual assault and assault consummated by battery.
Wilson was sentenced to 66 months confinement and dismissed from service.
- New Four inmates charged with murder in Pasquotank failed prison escape
- New Body of missing former Jacksonville PD officer found, woman arrested
- Updated Multiple agencies working large crime scene in Craven County
- Craven County man dies in jail, family receives $50,000 settlement
- Bicyclist left with minor injuries after being struck by car