JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - Col. Daniel P. O’Hora was fired as commander of the Marine Corps Engineer School at Camp Lejeune, according to the Marine Corps Times.
Brig. Gen. Jason Bohm, head of Training Command, relieved O’Hora on June 6 due to "loss of trust and confidence in his ability to serve in command,” Training Command reportedly said in a statement to Marine Corps Times.
The Marine Corps Times reports that an an investigation has been opened and is ongoing. The publication reports Lt. Col. Gregory Marchlinski, the command’s executive officer, is serving as temporary commander until a replacement for O’Hora can be selected.
- Student charged after taking gun onto Craven Community College campus
- Jacksonville Police investigating death at Stevenson Toyota
- Detectives investigating fatal shooting in Greene County
- Pasquotank Correctional Institution still on lockdown
- Kinston woman hits $1 million in lottery game, plans to open kennel