WASHINGTON - North Carolina Senator Richard Burr was among senior Senate Republicans urged by President Trump to end the Senate Intelligence Committee's investigation into Russia's interference in the 2016 election according to a new New York Times report.
Sen. Burr is the head of the powerful Senate Intelligence Committee. Burr said in an interview with the Times President Trump's comments were along the lines of hoping the investigation can conclude as quickly as possible. A White House spokesman told the Times the president has not tried to influence committee members.
- Rape suspect arrested after two months on the run
- 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget