GREENVILLE, Pitt County - A search warrant obtained by local media outlets says a man told investigators that he killed his estranged wife and her daughter during a blackout.
The warrant cited says 25-year-old Jeffrey Ward admitted to investigators that he "screwed up and killed them during one of his blackout episodes where he was overtaken by demons."
The Eastern Regional Medical Examiner's office said 40-year-old Dawn Ward and 14-year-old Taylor Carroll were both stabbed in the chest. Their bodies were found in a well in Williamston, three days after they had been reported missing.
Jeffrey Ward is being held without bond on two counts of murder. His brother, 24-year-old Jerrett Ward, faces charges of accessory after the fact and is being held under $1 million bond.
- Updated Insurers' pullback has put Obamacare at risk, no matter what Congress does
- Updated Visually impaired students battle in robotics competition
- Updated Khalid Masood: from sporty teenager to murderous extremist
- AARP to Trump voters: This isn't the change you expected
- Missing Brady jerseys returned to Patriots