ROBERSONVILLE, Martin County - Highway Patrol is currently investigating a fatal car accident that occurred on Monday morning.
Linda Creswell, 61, of Robersonville was driving on U.S. 64 Alternate when she collided with a tree in front of a local residence sometime around 7 a.m. on Monday, November 20, investigating officer for Highway Patrol Trooper Bryan Allen confirmed.
Creswell was said to be driving eastbound when she drove her 2016 Toyota Rav 4 off the right side of the road and collided with the tree.
Creswell became trapped inside the vehicle. Witnesses jumped into action, attempting to rescue her, but were unsuccessful.
The car caught on fire and Creswell died at the scene, Trooper Allen said.
- Updated Members of ECU basketball team visit Vidant children's hospital
- Local father charged with death of 9-month old daughter
- Organization pays holiday travel expenses for Purple Heart recipients
- Greenville Police distribute 100 meals to needy families in area
- Rape suspect arrested after two months on the run