KINSTON, Lenoir County - The Down East Wood Ducks held their first Fan Fest Wednesday at Grainger Stadium.
The team revealed their new logos and team jerseys to the public at the Fan Fest.
"We've never revealed all of these, we have been working hard in the last six months to design these logos and uniforms and we are thrilled to bring them to the market. In less than four weeks you'll see baseball players right here wearing these uniforms and playing minor league baseball," Wood Ducks President Joe Januszewski said.
Fans also had a chance to take part in a "Swing for Your Seats" promotion. Fans who purchased the 3 Game Pack (tickets to Opening Day, the July 3 game and the final home game) during Fan Fest got to take three swings to try and hit a home run. If a fan hit a home run, their 3 Game Pack was be free.
Individual game tickets can be purchased now at WoodDucksBaseball.com. The Wood Ducks will have an exhibition vs Mount Olive University on April 3 at 7 p.m. before starting the season on April 7 at Salem (7:05 p.m. start).
While much of the stadium has been renovated, there are still are improvements that need to be made. Januszewski said there is no need to worry, the stadium will be ready by the first home game.
- USO of Onslow County keeps tradition going with Thanksgiving meal
- Fairfield Harbour continues tradition of feeding Marines at Camp Lejeune
- Peaden's Grill helps make Thanksgiving special at one area community center
- Shoppers busy as Black Friday now in full effect
- New Bern woman shares story to remind people to pay attention while shopping