KINSTON, Lenoir County - Kinston Police responded to a shots fired call Wednesday afternoon where two people were reported shot. Officials confirm both individuals have died.
KPD spokesperson Woody Spencer went to a housing complex at 13 Mitchell Wooten Court at around noon. Upon arrival, officers found Donald Girtley Jr., 18, of 918 Lincoln Dr. Goldsboro, with a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Demone Nesbitt, 23, died en route to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
The incident is still under investigation. If anyone has information, they are asked to call the Kinston Police Department at (252) 939-3160, the TIPS LINE at (252) 939-4020, or Lenoir County Crime Stoppers at (252) 523-4444.
There will be a press conference Thursday at 11 a.m. in the Kinston City Council Chambers to discuss the investigation.
- Black Friday shoppers find crowds lighter than last year
- New Bern woman thankful for gift of kidney from husband
- Updated Neighbor pulls victim from house fire in New Bern
- Updated Kinston Police announce arrest of third suspect in 2014 murder case
- Updated Beary Merry Christmas kicks off the holiday season in New Bern