KINSTON, Lenoir County - Kinston Public Services will conduct smoke testing of its sanitary sewer system beginning Monday.
The tests will run through June 30 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The process is done to check the condition of the sewer pipe system. According to a press release, the line being tested begins at the intersection of Vernon Avenue and Hull Road, with the line extending to Pollock Street. Streets south of Vernon Avenue and south of West Washington Street will also be affected.
Residents and businesses may notice a smoky odor or some smoke visible from streets, yards and some sewer lines during the testing. If you do see smoke and you’re not sure where it’s from, officials said in the press release to “please treat it like a fire and call 911.”
If you have any questions, please call our Customer Service Hotline at (252) 939-3282.
- Updated USO of Onslow County keeps tradition going with Thanksgiving meal
- Updated Fairfield Harbour continues tradition of feeding Marines at Camp Lejeune
- Updated Peaden's Grill helps make Thanksgiving special at one area community center
- New Bern woman shares story to remind people to pay attention while shopping
- Shootout at Cross Creek Mall in Fayetteville started with fight captured on video, 3 injured