KINSTON, Lenoir County - Kinston Public Services will hold a smoke test on its sewer system on Oct. 31-Nov. 1, the City of Kinston announced Tuesday.
Smoke testing is used to check the condition of sewer pipe systems. The lines being tested are in the area of Emma Webb Park to include Queens Road, Highland Avenue, Emma Webb Drive, Independence Drive, Morningside Drive, Frances Place, McAdoo Street and Woodlawn Drive.
Houses in this area may notice a smoky odor or smoke from the streets, yards and some sewer services during the tests, which run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days.
If you have questions, call Kinston Public Services at (252) 939-3282.
- Updated Organization pays holiday travel expenses for Purple Heart recipients
- Updated Greenville Police distribute 100 meals to needy families in area
- Rape suspect arrested after two months on the run
- 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest
- Updated Missing dog creates quite the scramble in Carteret County