KINSTON, Lenoir County - Police searching for a man wanted in connection to an early morning shooting at an apartment complex arrested him during vehicle stop on Tuesday.
Reginald Earl Williams was arrested Tuesday afternoon on King Street extension in Kinston without incident. He was placed in the Lenoir County jail under a $350,000 secured bond. He's been charged with shooting into an occupied dwelling, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and possession of a firearm by a felon.
On Tuesday, at approximately 12:47 a.m., officers with the Kinston Police Department responded to a shots fired call at 911 East Bright St. Apt B. in Kinston. Upon arrival, officers located one shell casing on the ground in front of the residence, as well as a single bullet hole in the door of the apartment.
One woman was inside the apartment at the time of the shooting, but was not injured, officials confirm.
- Tips to keep in mind to keep children warm from cold temps
- Keep your outside pets safe from the cold weather this season
- Community Crossroads Center ready for help homeless through cold weather
- Military wife creatively includes deployed husband in Christmas card
- Vivian Howard's new restaurant opens in Wilmington