KINSTON, Lenoir County - Police are currently searching for a local man wanted for abusing a child.
Last Tuesday, November 7, officers from the Kinston Police Department responded to a local daycare facility in reference to a child that had been brought to the facility with obvious signs of abuse.
The child was transported to the hospital where it was treated for non-life threatening injuries. The Department of Social Services assisted with the investigation and took the child into their custody, officials said in a press release.
After an investigation, officers from the Kinston Police Department took out warrants on Kieron Montay Bass, 29, of Kinston for felony child abuse.
Bass also has five additional unrelated warrants for his arrest, officials said.
If you have any information on the whereabouts of Kieron Montay Bass, officials ask that you contact the Kinston Police Department at 252-939-3160, the TIPS LINE at 252-939-4020, or Lenoir County Crime Stoppers at 252-523-4444.
- Tips to keep in mind to keep children warm from cold temps
- Keep your outside pets safe from the cold weather this season
- Community Crossroads Center ready for help homeless through cold weather
- Military wife creatively includes deployed husband in Christmas card
- Vivian Howard's new restaurant opens in Wilmington