KINSTON, Lenoir County - The Lenoir County Sheriff's Office suffered an unexpected loss this week with the death of one of its K-9s, Chase.
The 4 1/2-year-old German Shepard had been with the department since January 2014 and died due to an unforseen medical issue. His partner, K-9 Deputy Kenneth Black, put out the following statement:
"It is with a very heavy, heavy heart that I must announce the unexpected and sudden passing of my K-9 partner 'Chase.'"
Cards and letters of condolences can be sent to:
Lenior County Sheriff's Department
130 South Queen Street
P.O. Box 3289
Kinston, NC 28502
- Kinston man arrested and charged with six counts of attempted murder
- BSH Home Appliances expands recall of dishwashers due to fire hazard
- Four inmates charged with murder in Pasquotank failed prison escape
- Body of missing former Jacksonville PD officer found, woman arrested
- Multiple agencies working large crime scene in Craven County