RALEIGH - Diamond Campbell's dream of owning a dog kennel is about to come true.
The Kinston woman won a $1 million lottery game after playing in the 50X The Cash scratch-off game.
Campbell purchased a $10 ticket, took it home and found out she won after scratching off the card at the kitchen table.
"We came up with the idea about two years ago," said Campbell, a cashier. "We've been developing the idea since. Now we can actually do it.
"I was super excited. I started jumping around."
Campbell claimed her prize on Monday. She could have taken the $1 million annuity for 20 payments of $50,000 a year or the lump sum of $600,000. She chose the lump sum and, after taxes, took home $417,009.
It's the third of four $1 million prize that have been claimed.
- Law enforcement making sure people are buckled up during holiday travel
- Thanksgiving holiday set to be busiest travel week in decade
- Local donation drive aims to help veterans in need as winter approaches
- Local fire destroys Carteret family home
- State House Rep. Susan Martin says she won't seek re-election