KINSTON, Lenoir County - Police are investigating a non-fatal shooting in Lenoir County that happened over the weekend.
Kinston Police spokesperson Woody Spencer said officers responded to a call for a person shot at 4 Carver Court on Saturday at approximately 1 p.m. Officers found 21-year-old Devon Brock with two gunshot wounds to the abdomen.
Spencer said Brock was taken first to UNC Lenoir Hospital and later to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville where he was treated and released. Officers found numerous shell casings in front of the apartment building and are continuing their investigation into the incident.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call KPD at (252) 939-3160 or Lenoir County Crime Stoppers at (252) 523-4444.
- Tips to keep in mind to keep children warm from cold temps
- Keep your outside pets safe from the cold weather this season
- Community Crossroads Center ready for help homeless through cold weather
- Military wife creatively includes deployed husband in Christmas card
- Vivian Howard's new restaurant opens in Wilmington