KINSTON, Lenoir County - The Kinston Police Department arrested four men on Wednesday in connection with a shooting late last month.
Kinston PD spokesperson Woody Spencer said Laquan Newborn, Dequawn Joyner, Joshua Wooten and Jimmy Lee Wooten were all arrested Wednesday, charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and malicious assault in secret. Each man was booked into the Lenoir County Jail on a $200,000 bond.
The charges are tied to an Aug. 27 shooting in the 2500 block of State Drive. The victim, Khadafi Barnes, was shot at several times and several shot were also fired into his residence.
- Hurricane Jose holding steady, Maria up to Category 5 storm
- Improvements in LCPS has others wanting to know how it was done
- North Duplin Junior Senior High one of 22 schools to get garden grant
- Water discovery lab in Greenville opens doors to curious students
- Greenville man arrested after weekend stabbing, shooting