KINSTON, Lenoir County - A Kinston man is behind bars, charged with attempted murder following a Thursday morning shooting in that city.
The Kinston Police Department said Dedrick Dail Jr., 23, was booked into the Lenoir County Jail Thursday evening, charged with attempted murder and is being held on no bond. e will make his first appearance in Lenoir County District Court on Monday.
According to KPD spokesperson Woody Spencer, officer responded to a shots fired call at approximately 8:20 a.m. on Thursday in the 400 block of North Adkin Street. Officers were told at the scene that Dail had fired a gun at an individual, but did not hit them. No injuries were reported.
Dail was arrested near the intersection of Shine and East streets at approximately 6 p.m. on Thursday.
- Pitt Co. NAACP to hold prayer event Friday evening
- New Jacksonville cold case ends with guilty plea 30 years later
- Local students get back-to-school boost from Greenville PD, Academy Sports
- How to make your own solar eclipse pinhole projector
- New Bern library packed at chance to get eclipse glasses, learn about astronomy